Thursday, April 6: Galatians 2- Only one way.

We who are Jews by birth and not sinful Gentiles know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified (15-16).

There is only one path to freedom, one way of salvation, our faith in Jesus Christ.

There is no way a human being can merit her or his way into God’s good graces. There is nothing we can do, no human pietism that will cause us to be justified before God except faith in Jesus Christ.

It does not matter what our beginnings Jew or Gentile, male or female, northern hemisphere or southern hemisphere, Asian, African, European, American, or Australian, Caucasian, Black, Latino, Asian or mixed, only simple faith in Jesus –no extras needed –brings justification before the righteous and pure God, Father Son and Holy Spirit.

There are times when every person must ask her or himself… is your faith in Jesus, the one thing that gives you hope of right standing before God?

Think about it.

I know I am…

Lord, let me not corrupt perfect faith in Jesus with any sense that something I have done, am doing or will do enhances my ‘chances’ before You. Instead give me strength to cling to Jesus and faith in Jesus alone for my justification and salvation. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment