Tuesday, February 16: Judges 14-

I find Sampson’s story tragic. He epitomizes a brainless hunk. Chuck Swindol called Samson a “he-man with a she-weakness.” Sampson reminds me a great deal of the character Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. Sampson has radar for manipulative women.

I sit here this morning thinking this man needs therapy, or a slap up-side the head. I want to scream, “How can you be so stupid, so dim?” Let’s face it, Sampson was not the ‘brightest bulb in the pack.’

Then I got to thinking, with all his glaring faults, (and who doesn’t have faults, weaknesses, blind spots? I know I do, maybe mine are not quite so obvious but they are there…), God still chose to use him to be His agent of deliverance. Another thought I had was that God used Sampson’s he-man strength for His glory. We all have strengths. God made us with them and God will use our strengths, too, if we let Him.

The overriding message that the Spirit seemed to sear into my heart today was I have value before God. He has made me for a purpose. God has things for me to do and I am particularly gifted for the things God has for me to do. So stop making excuses and get on with doing the things of God.

Oh, by the way, all of this is true for you, too.

Here am I, Lord, send me… Here am I, Lord, use me… to bring honor and glory to Your name! To save Your people, to advance Your kingdom… use me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment