Wednesday, February 17: Judges 15-Uncensored

I struggled this morning. Lord, what word would you have for me? Sampson seems to act both impulsively and violently seeking his own revenge, none of these are character traits high on the godly list. And in the end Sampson wins a great victory but the ends don’t justify the means, do they?! The chapter closes with Sampson leading Israel for 20 years.

I sat and wondered and questioned God.  What do You have for me today from Your word?

I am amazed how uncensored God’s word is. The stories and accounts often reveal raw humanity. Certainly this is true of Sampson. He may be a hero who saves Israel from the Philistines but he is anything but a good, even honorable man. He is flawed, imperfect and yet used of God.

It was with this last sentence that God’s voice flashed. Even with my imperfections God can and will use me to bring good, to advance His kingdom. Of course I should strive to live an honest God-honoring life but I don’t have to be perfect to be used of God…

Lord, warts and all, I surrender to You. Perfect me, change me, mature me, grow me to be more like Jesus every day. Lord, knowing that this side of eternity I will never reach perfection, I offer my imperfect life to You and Your service. Use me as You deem best for advancing Your kingdom, encouraging Your people and serving all in Jesus’ name… amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment