Monday, March 22: John 18-contrasts by firelight

   I found the way John weaves Jesus’ and Peter’s story fascinating. Jesus solid and strong; Peter wilts under the pressure. Jesus honorable and forthright during inquisition; Peter dogging simple questions. Jesus standing before magistrates and leaders remains firm in his convictions; Peter crumbles and lies before servants. What a contrast in that fire lit room.

The Savior and the saved…

Do I need a savior? You bet. Too often I am like Peter…

O, Jesus, thank You for standing firm and for taking the heat. Thank You for following through on the Father’s plan. Thank You for saving me and all who believe… Thank You, Jesus, thank You for doing what I would never have done for myself, could never have done for myself… saving me. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment