Monday, May 23: Job 9- Mighty and all powerful God.

As Job begins his response, I was captivated by his description of God… mighty, powerful, utterly beyond us humans. I found myself swirling in thoughts of creation recognizing that all is because God spoke it into being. So beyond me is God. I truly cannot comprehend.

I invite you to sit for a moment and think on the vastness of God.

I love to look at some of the many pictures NASA has sent back from space exploration… the vastness, the expanse, the interconnectedness and the beauty of space.  This charges my thinking about God, who created everything.

I know others who would rather contemplate the intricacies of the human anatomy with organs and tissue, blood flowing; the wonder of eyesight and the amazing way the brain works and on and on. How all of this speaks to our creator God and His wonder.  Now multiply God’s creativity by every specie and genre of animal.

Still others love nature and others the vast array of color and artwork.  Each of these speak to the wonder of the Creator God.  Spend some time in ways meaningful for you and ponder the GREATNESS of God.

Job then recognizes that next to God he will never measure up. Verse 20: Even if I were innocent, my mouth would condemn me; if I were blameless, it would pronounce me guilty.

I will never measure up. As blameless as I could be, I will never be perfectly blameless. If I have to stand on my merits, I am lost. I will be more blameless than some, but less than others. And I will never be perfectly blameless before God. Never.

I don’t think Job made this next realization yet, but I did and regularly do. I NEED a Savior. I need someone to come and do for me what I cannot do for myself. I need Jesus to pay for my sins and shortcomings and to give me His righteousness and perfect blamelessness. Only then can I stand before God! Only then…

And what goes for me, goes for you, too…

Have you asked Jesus to forgive your sins and give you His righteousness? It is the only way to get back into relationship with our perfect beyond-anything-we-can-imagine God…

Think about it…

O, God, thank You for Jesus! For the gift of new life we can find through faith in Him. Give everyone who reads this devotional faith, true faith, to reach out and confess Jesus. This is my prayer. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment