Wednesday, May 25: Job 11- A jumble like me

Thinking about Zophar’s counsel, I realized right away he got some things right and some wrong. Zophar understands the unfathomableness of God, the vastness of the Lord (7-10). Yes, God is so far beyond us that were we to stand in His presence we would not compare. Like an ant before the Supreme Court, so is a man before God.  There are no words to describe the ludicrous nature of that image.

Yet Zophar still makes the giant leap that Job’s dire circumstances result from some hidden grievous sin which Job refuses to acknowledge and continues to hide (11-20).

Reading Zophar it occurred to me that I, too, am a mixed bag of understanding about God and life. There are many places where I have learned from Scripture and get things right. Unfortunately, I still have blind spots where my reasoning is not yet godly and my self-justifying heart understands incorrectly. I continue to need brothers and sisters and the Holy Spirit teaching me…

I am so thankful that I do not need to be perfect in order to be accepted, forgiven and loved by God. Wow, I cannot put into words how that makes me feel. I find myself with my eyes filling with tears of peace and acceptance, basking in God’s love.  Me, imperfect me, basking in God’s love.

O, Thank You, Lord, for this morning revelation. My heart wounded from events of yesterday is being healed as I sit and bask in Your unconditional love. I didn’t even realize how much I needed this. Thank You for providing for me… for loving me and for knowing how much I needed this in my spirit. You are amazing, O God, and I love You.

Lord, I just sit here, no words typing on the screen… soaking in Your amazing love. Imperfect me, being loved by the perfect God. Life is good, I doubt it can be better!

Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment