Saturday, May 28: Job 14- The spiral of despair deepens

It seems that the more Job speaks, the deeper and darker his thoughts become. These are sad words of a sad and despairing man. Life can be like that. What can I say?

My heart fills with thoughts of friends and acquaintances who have walked “the valley of the shadow of death.” Those are hard days and oh the questions? Why do bad things happen?

This book does not necessarily answer those lingering questions but it does offer an entirely new element into the equation.

We, naturally, view life from our perspective, the three dimensional world in which we live. And yet the opening chapters of this book remind us that there is a cosmic realm unseen by human eyes where things are happening. In Job’s case he is smack dab in the middle of the conflict between God and Satan…

I cannot say that I understand all this.  I still have questions and wonderings. But what Job’s story does teach me is that God is in control, that God knows what He is doing and there are things happening above my ‘pay grade’ that I am not privy to know. I may never know the reasons why certain things happen but God knows...

Lord, I rest in You… and I worship You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment