Tuesday, May 3: Hebrews 5- Are you growing???

 

The final warning in this chapter (11-14) made the wheels in my mind turn. Are you growing in your understanding and faith in Jesus? Are you growing?

By this time you ought to be teachers… That’s a pretty hard hitting phrase. As I mull on this, I am not sure the writer is suggesting that everyone should become a teacher.  However, he is clearly making the point that we should all grow to the point where we can stand on our own in The Word.

How are you doing? Are you growing? Am I growing? That God’s devotional nugget/challenge for today.

I was about to head off to the rest of my day when a follow-up question struck me. Do I have a growth plan? Hmmm… that pushes this meditation to another level.

I invite you to ponder that question as well. What’s your plan for growing deep and living more faithfully for Jesus? Think about it…

Jesus, thanks for Your challenge today. Please don’t let me grow complacent.  Challenge me by Your Spirit to go deeper and grow stronger in You. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment