Thursday, September 22: Isaiah 25- Perfect faithfulness

As my eyes lit on the page, refreshment flooded into my life. I was weary from judgment, from the doom and gloom of God’s wrath. Seeing, and then reading, this chapter was like the delight of a cool autumn morning. Praise is good for the soul and for the rest of the body…

O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago. You have made the city a heap of rubble, the fortified town a ruin, the foreigners' stronghold a city no more; it will never be rebuilt (1-2).

My eyes kept returning to two words, perfect faithfulness. I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things. Perfect faithfulness planned long ago…

Isaiah’s trembling before God of chapter 6 has vanished being replaced with praise. God’s forgiveness and cleansing of Isaiah in chapter 6 resulted in a connection and relationship that allows Isaiah to exalt God for His perfect faithfulness witnessed in the judgment of those who oppose the Lord.

Because God knows all, He is never surprised or caught off guard so His decisions are perfect… perfectly executing His faithfulness and His love. Because God ‘sees’ all time at once, His perfect faithfulness was planned long, long ago.

Isaiah sings of this. His soul dances with delight in the Lord his God. Isaiah’s dance is contagious.  Like a great tune, I find my body and my soul dancing with delight in the Lord as well… dancing in delight in the Lord who is perfect in faithfulness…

My soul sings of Your majesty, O Lord. How unsearchable are Your ways… perfect in every way are You and Your decisions. I exalt thee. I exalt thee. I exalt thee, my Lord… my heart delights in You. You, O Lord, are my rock and my fortress, the one in whom I take refuge and find peace…

To You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I sing my praise. You are perfect in faithfulness and in every other way… My soul sings of Your majesty, O Lord. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment