Friday, September 30: Isaiah 32-A day is coming when.

I know we have to live in the moment. I must live today, September 30, 2011, as best I can. I cannot relive yesterday or any day gone by. Neither can I live tomorrow or any day in the future. The only day I can live is today, making the most of what the Lord gives me and brings my way today.

I can, however, take some moments of today and dream about tomorrow. Now much of our dreaming is little more than projecting our hopes on to the future. But the beauty of scripture and faith in God, who is Lord of time, and who know the future as well as the present, is that He occasionally gives us glimpses into the future. Today’s passage begins with such a glimpse. God allows Isaiah to…

See, a king will reign in righteousness and rulers will rule with justice. Each man will be like a shelter from the wind and a refuge from the storm, like streams of water in the desert and the shadow of a great rock in a thirsty land. Then the eyes of those who see will no longer be closed, and the ears of those who hear will listen. The mind of the rash will know and understand, and the stammering tongue will be fluent and clear. No longer will the fool be called noble nor the scoundrel be highly respected (1-5)...

When you can feel the pounding of boots of an invading army marching closer, a picture such as God gave, gives hope.

God reminds Jerusalem that a day is coming… a glorious day when His anointed King will reign.

There are days and times when I think about heaven, God’s promise of eternity to His faithful people. Heaven, a place we will live for eternity, where there will be no more tears or morning or crying or pain… (Rev 21:4). Thoughts of God’s grand future have carried me and other believers through countless crises.

As I read about the promised righteous king, thoughts of Jesus’ return and perfect kingdom being established, fill my musings… a delightful and invigorating few minutes and an escape from the daily grind that life can sometimes be…

Lord God, thank You that You have prepared a place for me, and all who love and serve You, in eternity. Thank You that my future in heaven is guaranteed, by Jesus and the Spirit. Thank You for the hope this provides me today.

Now renewed and invigorated, help me to live today faithfully in Your service and for Your glory. In and through Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment