Tuesday, April 8: Luke 15- Lost and found.

 

It doesn’t take much insight to realize that this chapter is all about lost things being found. The lost thing has value, so when it is found there is great rejoicing. And particularly in the case of the lost sheep and coin, the finder embarks on a diligent search in order to find what was lost.

In the parable of the lost son, the father has no way of knowing where the son went, yet day after day he climbs the stairs and looks for his son, so the father is the first to see the lost son returning and then he rushes to him.

A lost sheep, a lost coin, then a lost son, the intensity of the message grows with each parable.

Following on the heels of the last chapter, which as I noted yesterday was Luke’s great commission, this chapter reinforces Luke’s message that we are to seek the lost, that they may be found by God!!!

God’s message rings louder and louder. Do I show the diligence of the shepherd and woman who seek that which is lost? Do I display the love of the Father who looked and prayed and then, at the first instance of returning home, races to his lost son?

Do I?

Do you?

Once we were lost. Then some agent of God came to us with the message of God and now we are among the found.  To whom can we be agents of God helping them find their way home to God?

Think about it…

Lord, help me find the right words to salt my conversations so that I might share You with others. Help me grow in winsomeness and conversationality that I might bring you into conversations in an inviting and connecting manner. This is pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment