Friday, August 11: Ephesians 3- Confidence through Jesus Christ the Lord.

The wonder, power and amazing gift of Jesus Christ burrowed into my soul as I read and then contemplated verse 12. In him [Christ Jesus our Lord] and through faith in him we may approach God with freedom and confidence.

Through faith in Jesus I can approach God who is sovereign over all things freely and with confidence… confidence that God will receive me.

Confidence that God looks forward to my entering His presence…

Confidence that God will listen to my pleas, cries, conversation, joys…

Confidence that God will always have time for me…

Confidence that God will receive me as He receives Jesus His son…

Confidence that God will forgive any of my sins…

My confidence is not in myself, rather it is in Jesus, my Savior and Lord. 

This statement by Paul reminds me of what the writer to the Hebrews writes in verse 4:16: Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.

We have confidence that we will receive mercy and grace when we enter God’s presence.

What a gift this is… access to God and confidence that when we enter His presence we will receive mercy and grace… Wow, what a gift and it all comes by faith in Jesus.

Today I marvel at God’s goodness found in Jesus, my Savior! What a great morning with the Lord!!!

Oh, God, thank you for the blessings that are ours in Christ Jesus, our Lord… You are so good, Lord, so good!!  I bless You and thank You. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment