Tuesday, August 15: Ephesians 6- Will you pray for me.

Paul the great apostle, church planter, pioneer and missionary asked the church of Ephesus to pray for him. Paul asked them to pray, not for his health, or his wellbeing but asked them to pray that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should (19-20). That’s a man of faith, that’s a disciple-making disciple.

I am humbled by Paul’s dedication to God’s cause, humbled yet strengthened.

As I sit and read and ponder, Paul lifts my aspirations… to be a man of faith and a disciple-making disciple.

Will you pray for me that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Oh, God, give me an army of intercessors who will pray for me like the Ephesians prayed for Paul. Through Christ and for the sake of Gospel advance in this world, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment