Friday, August 4: 2Kings 22- The blessing of God's word.

How far Judah has fallen that the Book of the Law had to be found. That means it was lost and the inference of the text is that it has been a long time since anyone, much less the king and priest, had read the Book of the Law.

No wonder Judah and Israel fell so far from the Lord; they were no longer guided by God’s Word. Tradition and the memory of the priests, yes, they had these. However, how easy it is to slip from the actual meaning and teaching of the Word to what I recall the Word says.

Even with the Bible at hand I slip and fall regularly. If I didn’t have the guidance of God’s Word, oh my, would I be in trouble. Such was the case for Judah and the sinfulness of their practices show that the Word was missing.

It is all too easy to own a Bible but let it collect dust on a shelf rather than read it and study it so that it’s life giving truths affect our lives.

If you are reading this blog and the Bible chapter it is built upon, then you are taking a big step toward keeping the Word of God in your life…

Keep reading, keep listening to God’s Word and keep altering your life to conform to its teaching. This is what God is saying to me today…

How about you? What is God saying to you through this chapter of the Bible?

Lord, Thank You for Your Word, it truly is a light to my path and a lamp for my feet. Bless You, Lord, for providing Your written Word. I pray this with thanksgiving, in Jesus’ name. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment