Wednesday, August 23: Colossians 3- A new bucket list.

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things (1-2).

Right out of the shoot this morning I began considering what it means to set our hearts (1) and our minds (2) on things above, where Christ is, seated.

Many people mention their bucket list, those things they want to do before they die. If my mind and heart is set on things above, namely Christ, then that should affect what I place on my bucket list. Right? It seems to me that our bucket list should be more than places I want to visit or novel experiences I want to undertake. Our bucket lists should include things for and about Christ and His mission that I want to accomplish

Well, honestly I have never thought about this. I do not have a bucket list in the first place. Maybe I should have one, if it is something that keeps me moving forward… moving forward in Christ that is.

So if my head and heart are set on Christ, what might that lead me to do?… hmmm

Fund Gospel advances on every inhabited continent?

Serving Christ and His church until my dying breath?

I am not a bucket list kind of person.  Continuing this will take some time. Ideas do not flood my thoughts.

How would setting your heart and mind on Christ shape your bucket list?

Lord, sit with me and help me examine my aspirations and through that lens help me see areas of my life that I still need to surrender to You. I pray this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment