Tuesday, August 8: 2Kings 25- Disobedience reaps its unfortunate reward..

The end comes. I really don’t know what to think or write. The destruction of the Temple, deportation of the people and the fall of Judah is a sad day in the story of God’s people. Disobedience reaps its unfortunate reward.

I don’t have any deep inspiration… sad days are sad days. Disobedience gets tiring to process. God’s judgment is a real deal and it will not be ‘fun’ when the Lord unleashes His judgment on those who have rejected Him.

Sadness wells over me as I think about the many people who have not put their trust in Jesus. Their judgment will be even worse than what Israel faced when God sent them to Babylon.

Oh, God, I offer myself to You to be used to help people come to know You. Through Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment