Friday, October 8: Ezra 8- A pause to pray.

Organized and prepared to journey to Jerusalem, Ezra instructs his entourage to fast, so that we might humble ourselves before our God and ask him for a safe journey for us and our children, with all our possessions (21).

I’m impressed by this simple action by Ezra. What an example he sets for those traveling with him and for us today. As he embarks on a significant journey, he pauses to pray and ask God for a safe journey. That’s faith in action… that’s faith in everyday living.

Thanks, Ezra, for your example…

Lord, help me to put my faith into action with acts of dependence like this. Whether pausing to pray before meals or before trips, teach me to truly rely on You. I ask this through my Savior Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment