Tuesday, October 5: Ezra 5- Cared for.

The opening phrase of verse 5 caught my attention, But the eye of their God was watching over the elders of the Jews…. Even as the returnees weather the storm of opposition and discouragement, the eye of their God was watching them. God cares and God is watching…

For me this morning that word-picture is moving and compelling. The reminder that God has His watchful eye upon His people speaks volumes to my heart.

“God is watching out for me,” is my devotional personalization of the text. Even during the toughest times of life God has His eye out for me. He is watching and caring. Apparently there are lessons in the storm for me to learn, skills to master, character to be honed…

I sink into that text for a few minutes. A blessed feeling surrounds me… God is with me. Yes, God is with me. No matter life’s present circumstances, God is with me. God has His eye on me. Peace descends. God is good.

Lord, thank You for this Word. I am feeling loved and blessed, cared for and… Lord, my heart is weary this morning, thank You for this gift of grace and love. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment