Wednesday, October 6: Ezra 6- Learn to celebrate God.

The Lord God comes through, the original decree to rebuild the temple is found and Darius, the present king, honors the decree and the temple is completed. Like I said, God came through. This is one of the lessons whispered to me by the Spirit this morning. God comes through. What He says He does.

A second thought bounces in my thoughts.  Learn to celebrate God’s goodness. Verse 16, Then the people of Israel--the priests, the Levites and the rest of the exiles--celebrated the dedication of the house of God with joy. Israel is a celebrating people. They don’t hold back, when God acts, they celebrate and praise Him. Learn to celebrate God’s faithfulness, the Spirit whispers again. Learn to celebrate God’s goodness…

The last two words of verse six, with joy, cause me to ponder. Can a person celebrate God with an emotion other than joy? I suspect so. It is God that is being celebrated not a particular emotion like happiness. I think about funerals, emotionally sad times, and yet for people who have walked with Jesus, their funeral is an excellent opportunity to celebrate God’s faithfulness and goodness.  Different occasions have different emotions and yet, God is there with His watchful eye on us…

Learn to celebrate the Lord, whispers the Spirit one last time.

Lord, show me how to celebrate You. Teach me to celebrate Your goodness, Your faithfulness, Your presence in life. Lord teach me to celebrate You… Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment