Monday, March 28: 2Chronicles 26- The problem of pride.

 

One of the Proverbs that I know by heart is Proverbs 16:18: Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. I guess I have committed it to memory because it offers such practical advice about life. King Uzziah, the subject of today’s chapter, is an example of the veracity of Proverbs 16:18.

Uzziah was faithful and God blessed him mightily, but as his power and influence grew, apparently so did his pride. Verse 16 puts it like this: But after Uzziah became powerful, his pride led to his downfall. He was unfaithful to the LORD his God, and entered the temple of the LORD to burn incense on the altar of incense.

Pride is dangerous, when we (I) think too much of ourselves, we are setting ourselves up for a fall…

No surprise where the Lord took me today in my time with Him. He asked me to look inside and to assess and check my pride. It might be a good move for you, too.

Lord, thank You for the gifts and abilities and opportunities You have given to me. I pray that I hold all Your gifts loosely, remembering they are from You and not of me. I pray too, Lord, that I give life everything I have, serving You for Kingdom’s sake. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment