Thursday, March 24: 2Chronicles 23- Kairos time.

The last few years I have been learning about ‘kairos time.’ Kairos is one Greek word that we translate in English as ‘time.’ Kairos is not the kind of time we get from our watches or calendars (that is ‘chronos’ as in chronometer or chronology), instead it means season or the ‘right time’ to do something or ‘God’s time’ to do something.

As I was reading this chapter about the coronation of Joash, I kept thinking, “This is a perfect example of kairos time.” For all the moving parts to fall into place perfectly shows that God was on the move, orchestrating things behind the scene. Joash was old enough to be accepted and received by the people as king (although I cannot imagine being 7 and king!). Jehoiada was able to stealthily orchestrate all of the arrangements and Athalia, the queen, was oblivious to all the actions.  Looking back as the chronicler does shows how everything aligned and Jehoiada also followed obediently God’s promptings. 

The text is silent but I wondered what told Jehoiada that it was the right time.  How did he process the Lord’s nudgings? And this caused me to consider God’s voice in my life.  Am I listening for God’s promptings and when they come do, I follow?

Lord, may my ears and eyes be open to the things You want to show me today.  Lead me and direct me, so that I may walk faithfully with You, doing everything You would have me do today and all my todays. Lord, keep me observant for your ‘kairos’ moments in my life… Your moment to speak with a friend about Jesus or Your moment to encourage someone or make a call because ‘so and so’ in on my mind. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment