Wednesday, March 30: 2Chronicles 28

I found nothing particularly redeeming in this chapter. Ahaz was a despicable king in Judah.  Nothing remotely positive is mentioned about his sixteen year reign. Possibly the saddest comment comes late in his life, In his time of trouble King Ahaz became even more unfaithful to the LORD (22).

I found myself wondering about him and me.  The well worn phrase came multiple times into my thoughts, “But for the grace of God that could be me.”

I don’t know how or why God’s love fills my life and not the lives of others.  However, one thing I do know is that it is not because of anything good I have done or any inherent goodness with in me. It is pure mercy and pure gift… Thank You, Jesus…

Yes, thank You, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Thank You for saving me, redeeming me and revealing Yourself to me. Were it not for Your action in my life, I could be an Ahaz.  That is a frightening thought, but it is true. Thank You… Bless You. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment