Saturday, October 1: Isaiah 33- Help me God, help me.

Verse 2 seemed to stick out. I was drawn to the verse as I read and drawn back after I completed the chapter. O LORD, be gracious to us; we long for you. Be our strength every morning, our salvation in time of distress.

I found myself thinking….that’s a prayer, that’s a prayer that I wish our country could/would pray. We want to do it on our own, we hope to dig ourselves out of the hole we are in… we, we, we. It seems it is all about what ‘we’ can do. It is not just nameless ‘we’ either. I’ve lived that way and still do sometimes. I can do it, I will dig myself out of the hole I dug for myself… I, I, I.

The wonder of verse 2 is the dependence upon God; crying out for God’s grace and God’s mercy. Longing for God, asking God to be the strength we need. Wow, the more I ponder this the richer my time with God grows. God is the one on whom I can and must depend! That’s what drew me back to this verse over and over again. It is so beautiful in its simplicity… so wonderful, in fact, that I want it to become my morning prayer… and a prayer by God’s grace I will pray over and over as I continue my life…

O LORD, be gracious to me; I long for you. Be my strength every morning, my salvation in time of distress. O Lord teach me to lean on You… in and through Jesus, my Lord, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment