Monday, November 7: Isaiah 64- Remembering my place.

I found myself thinking I could… should… would pray verses 8 & 9 as my own prayer. Yet, O LORD, you are [my] Father. [I am] the clay, you are the potter; [I am] the work of your hand. Do not be angry beyond measure, O LORD; do not remember [my] sins forever. Oh, look upon [me], [I] pray, for [I am] yours.

I prayed it, I owned it, I pondered it even more…

I am clay in my Heavenly Father’s hands.  Mold me, Father ,to be the man you desire me to be. Shape me for service, to be whatever You need or want me to be. I will be a latrine pot or a goblet, only let me be useful in Your service, O, Lord, my God…

I am deeply scared and imperfect, my sin abounds. I hate admitting my sin.  I feel small and weak, which I am. My sins are part of the reason Jesus needed to die. I am depraved. O, Father don’t hold my sins against me forever, I am in deep need of forgiveness. Jesus, my Lord and my God, thank You for nailing my sins to the cross. Oh, what a gift! Forgiveness, I will not take my pardon lightly, I will sing of Your great love.

I am Yours.  Yes, I am Yours, I surrender to You, Oh, my Lord and God, I humble myself before you!

My heart rends… I am so deeply grateful.

Praise to the Lord the Almighty the King of creation. Oh my soul praise Him, for He is my health and salvation! All you who hear, now to His temple draw near; Praise Him in glad adoration….

Praise to the Lord, Oh, let all that is in me adore Him! All that has life and breath, come now with praises before Him. Let the Amen sound from His people again, Gladly for aye we adore Him.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment