Thursday, November 3: Isaiah 61- A garment of praise.

What an incredible chapter. I am familiar with verses 1&2, Jesus quotes them in Luke 4 and they have particular meaning to my home church. Because 1&2 were familiar, I paid special attention to what followed, reading the other verses slowly and often repeating lines. Rich, awe-inspiring, I soaked them in.

So many of the word-pictures grabbed me. Because of a myriad of issues circulating in my extended family, life has been draining the last month or more. Verse 3 was salve for my soul, 3 …the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. Thank You, Lord, You provide what I need… the oil of gladness, a garment of praise! Please, Lord, send them special delivery, Oh, how I could use both…

Oil of gladness, I stopped and reflected upon the many blessings I have seen and received during the last month or more. Wow, even in this tough time God is there providing and blessing. I have so much for which to be glad! God is lubricating my gladness!

And as gladness seeps in and gratefulness blooms, I find praise for God growing within me. Is this God’s garment of praise?

My soul was heavy when I came to the Lord today. It feels a bit lighter now.

O, God, our help in ages past, our hope in years to come; our shelter from the stormy past and our eternal home… Yes, my heart sings, sings the praises of the Lord.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow, praise Him all creatures here below. Praise Him above you heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost!

Praise Him! Praise Him! Tell of His excellent greatness. Praise Him! Praise Him! Ever in joyful song!

Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever.  Give thanks to the God of gods, His love endures forever…  (Ps 136). Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment