Friday, October 19: Acts 18 - Fertile Fields.

It seems that Paul understood that he had limited time and limited resources so he concentrated on the places and relationships that yielded the most fruit for God’s kingdom. While in Corinth, a city he spent many months in, Paul focused on the people who were receptive to God’s message. In this city he left the synagogue and went to a town official’s house to preach.

 Check out verses 5-7 When Silas and Timothy came from Macedonia, Paul devoted himself exclusively to preaching, testifying to the Jews that Jesus was the Christ. But when the Jews opposed Paul and became abusive, he shook out his clothes in protest and said to them, "Your blood be on your own heads! I am clear of my responsibility. From now on I will go to the Gentiles." Then Paul left the synagogue and went next door to the house of Titius Justus, a worshiper of God.

I am wondering what this might say to me:

·         Spend time where the soil is fertile… Maybe.

·         When God provides a harvest keep working that field… Maybe.

·         Don’t waste time on hostile folk... Possibly.

For the time being I am going to keep chewing on this and praying for fertile fields in which to sow the Word of God.

Lord, I pray for harvest, for people coming to faith through my witness… In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment