Monday, October 15: Acts 14 - That's dedication.

I was taken aback when I read verse 21: Then they returned to Lystra, Iconium and Antioch, strengthening the disciples and encouraging them to remain true to the faith. "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God," they said (21-22). Paul and his team returned to Lystra! I was shocked. Paul had recently been stoned in that city and left for dead (19) and here he is going back to the city in order to strengthen the disciples! That’s dedication!

I found myself severely questioning my dedication.  Would I do what Paul just did?

Honestly, I don’t think I can answer ‘yes’. I don’t think I would go back to a city to encourage others having just been stoned and left for dead. I don’t think I would go back to that city for any reason!

Reading what Paul went through makes his comment in verse 22 all the more powerful and confronting, "We must go through many hardships to enter the kingdom of God."

This will take some more chewing…

What do you think about this? Email me and let me know your thoughts. (billgestal@pcogonline.org).

Lord, help me to chew and digest this portion of Your Word… Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment