Monday, October 22: Acts 20 - The whole truth.

Speaking his farewell to Ephesian elders, Paul says, I have not hesitated to proclaim to you the whole will of God. Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock …. I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. … So be on your guard! … "Now I commit you to God and to the word of his grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified (27-32).

Savage wolves, false teachers, distortions, wrong teachings, all these will infiltrate the church, warned Paul. They did in Paul’s day and they continue to do so today. The best defense in Paul’s day continues to be our best defense… knowing the whole will of God.

Reading the whole of Scripture, studying, learning and building one’s life on the whole of Scripture is our best defense. Old Testament and New, Gospels and Letters; letting each part and the sum of all parts lead and guide, teach and instruct. This has always been the best defense for God’s people.

Thank you for reading the Bible daily with me. Not because my thoughts are important, but because together we are reading God’s Word, the whole of God’s Word- Old Testament and New, Gospels and Letters -listening to what God has said and listening as God continues to speak to each of us today. I pray this will be your lifetime endeavor to read, re-read and re-re-read God’s entire Word until Jesus comes again or He calls to take you home.

Lord, fill us with Your Word, that we might grow to know You more and more each and every day of our life. I pray this for me, for my family and for all my brothers and sisters in Your church. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment