Saturday, October 6: Acts 7 - Stephen.

Two thoughts tumbled about as I read and pondered this chapter.

One, Stephen knew what he believed. He was able to recite the history of his people leading to his point that the leaders had killed the Messiah, Jesus. How well do I (you) know God’s story? Stephen had to have studied it and worked at it to know it as well as he did. Do I (you) work at knowing my (your) faith as much as Stephen apparently did?

Two, Stephen paid the cost of faith, which for him was death. Am I (you) willing to pay the cost of faith? I love miracles and God showing up at the final moment to rescue.  However, sometimes God determines not to show up miraculously and save us. Instead God asks us to pay the price. Why miracles come sometimes and not others, I cannot say or predict. God’s ways are higher than my ways.

A question for me (you) is “Am I willing to accept any outcome God chooses?” And Stephen’s testimony asks if I am willing to give my life for the Lord?

Two difficult meditation points…

Oh God, give me the strength to follow you completely and without reservation wherever You choose to lead me and through whatever situations You choose to send my way. For Your honor and glory, I pray. Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment