Saturday, October 27: Acts 25 - Following the lead of God.

Anyone who has walked with the Lord for any length of time has experienced times when you are confused about life’s circumstances and the hand of God in all that is going on.

I may be projecting from my own life, but I suspect that Paul must have wondered what the Lord was up to as his life unraveled.

He has already spent more than 2 years in prison and now the new proconsul, Festus, wants to send him back to Jerusalem to face charges. I mean, what is going on??!!! Paul exercises his Roman citizen right and appeals to Caesar!

I can hear (maybe because I would be saying it) Paul crying to God, “Where are You, God? What’s going on? Will justice never prevail? What’s up?? I’ve been faithful…”

I have been in situations where I wondered, ‘What are you doing, Lord?’ Life situations and jobs that don’t turn out as hoped, expected or anticipated. Health situations that come out of the blue… you name it.

Reading about Paul brought all this up in my thoughts. Paul remains faithful and steadfast in his trust of the Lord while maintaining his integrity.

I can sink my teeth into this and learn from Paul.

God is in control. Although the circumstances don’t seem to be play out as I want/hope/expect, that does not mean that God has been thwarted. It could just be that God’s ways are different (see Is 55:9) than my ways and that God has a different end in mind that I have.

In those moments, faith-filled submission to God, is the called-for response of my life…

Oh Lord, help me to be faithful, no matter where You lead or what You ask of me… no matter what gives me the strength to be faithful to You! Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment