Friday, October 26: Acts 24 - Patience & Integrity.

Watching Paul and listening to his life and words through Luke’s retelling two personal characteristics pulsed through the account.

Patience: two years Paul has been locked up in Caesarea (27). Two years with no movement in his case. Two years for a trumped up crime. Two years, not counting the time in prison in Jerusalem. Two years!

Two years Paul waited and wondered about his fate. Two years Paul spoke on his own behalf. Two years kept off the preaching circuit. Two years!

And for those two years and counting Paul remains faithful, doing what he can do in his defense and for God’s cause, spreading the name of Jesus.

I am not a good wait-er. Patience is not my middle name. I hear the wings of God’s messengers as I meditate on this thought… “Sometimes God’s will is for us to wait… stay patient. Stay focused on the Father’s will. Trust God.”

Number 2, Luke slides into verse 26 that Felix was waiting for a bribe, which Paul would not give. I heard the word, integrity. Paul chose to uphold personal honor and integrity rather than resort to bribery. Luke chose to mention this.

If we want to represent God and His truth, we should live according to God’s Word and Truth… My second nugget for the day.

Lord, You have spoken to me through Your Word. Will I listen? Lord, help me to listen and learn. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment