Friday, March 1: Exodus 2- So many stopping points.

Narratives can provide so many stopping points for contemplation. Here are a few of the places I paused to ponder the ways of God and the message of the text.

I pondered the risks of a husband and wife who defied the law in the hopes of keeping their son alive. What mental anguish and wrestling did they endure to come to this point. I pondered families in China when it had a 1-child policy. I stretched my meditations to families with problem pregnancies and chromosomal issues who defy the logic of many today and birth the child rather than abort. Doing the right thing in the eyes of the Lord often comes with hard decisions and difficult life choices.

I pondered the family and wondered how they came up this the plan to save their baby. I think mom planned, as best she could, these events. I wondered about Moses’ sister, if she was the slave for Pharaoh’s daughter and what it meant to be a slave.

I wondered how God prompted the family to come up with this plan… I wondered about the behind the scenes work of the Holy Spirit, setting up the deliverance of Israel in the years to come. I know there is no formula for the working of the Spirit, but we can certainly work to remain sensitive to His leadings…

I wondered what possessed Moses to kill the Egyptian. He was a son of Pharaoh, he could have used his rank to stop the fighting… Why did he resort to murder?

I pondered how things we do in secret, when we think no one is looking, often come to light!!!

These are some of my ponderings today. Where did God take you?

Lord, thank You for the richness of Your word and for the life of Moses Your deliverer for Israel. Lead me today as You led his parents to be faithful to You. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment