Thursday, March 7: Exodus 7- The exodus drama opens.

Today we begin reading the account of God’s plan to deliver Israel from Egypt. I often wonder why God used such an elaborate plan with plagues and the pharaoh changing his mind and all the drama. But God did…

I have read how each of the plagues directly connects with one of the gods of Egypt, how God is showing His superiority over all false gods.

I realize how the drama of The Exodus –plagues, red sea crossing, etc.- becomes a news flash that travels all around the Middle Eastern world eventually striking fear into the peoples later conquered (check out Rahab’s response in Joshua 2).

It seems that the Lord is declaring His glory by making sure all people know He is God, that His decrees are true, and that other gods are nothing before Him. These are all lessons I need to realize, meditate upon and incorporate into my life of following the God of gods and Lord of lords…

Father, Son, Spirit… reveal Yourself to me in all Your glory that I might never forget that You alone are God and that I am not and never will be. May my understanding of You grow to be more and more full so that I will surrender more and more deeply to You and Your will. This I pray through the matchless name of Jesus. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment