Saturday, March 2: Exodus 3- Wow.

There are so many wows in this chapter. Even though I have read it many times before, what happens in this chapter still amazes me.

The whole burning bush that isn’t consumed is a big wow. And the detail with which the Lord tells Moses what’s going to happen is a wow.

But the wow that knocked my socks off this morning was Moses’ conversation with God. Take a moment to reread it. It is a conversation in every sense of the word. The dialogue, the back and forth, is illustrative of any conversation in which two people meet and connect for the first time. God calls to Moses in essence saying, “hi.”

Moses responds, “I’m over here.”

Then God introduces Himself and now comes a surprise twist, God says “Moses I have a job offer for you.”

After hearing the offer, Moses responds, “This is above my pay grade. I am not prepared for a job like this!”

To which God responds immediately, almost as if He anticipated Moses response, “Not so fast, I will be with You. You will go in My name.”

“Ok, suppose I take your job. Who do I tell people You are. I don’t even know Your name?” questions Moses.

“Fair enough,” replies God, “My name is I AM.”

The conversations continues for a few more moments…

My wow goes beyond the content to the relational nature of this conversation. Moses had a dialogue with God. I mean this could be a recruiter conversation taking place at a table in Starbucks… but Moses is having it with the God of the universe. This just blows my mind.

I have never had a running dialogue with the Lord like this. And yet this vignette fills me with awe and reminds me how intimately and personally God knows us. How closely I can connect with God and the Lord with me… my morning wow keep growing.

God knows us! God connects with us! God invites us to be part of His world salvation plan! These are all thoughts that are spinning as I meditate on this text.

I hope and pray God wows you as you spend time in His word today.

Lord I am in awe that You choose to connect with us, to speak to and with us, and to reveal Yourself to us. Wow. I am enveloped in awe of You Lord. Praise You. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment