Thursday, March 14: Exodus 13- Passing along the legacy.

As I read, verses 8 and 14 connected with me… the passing along of faith traditions and reasons to the next generation.

The Israelites were to observe the Passover in such an obvious manner that children asked, “Why do we do this?” With the door open wide, parents can explain the tradition of the Passover and all that the Lord did in bringing Israel out of Egypt.

What a wonderful plan!  Create a living remembrance that ties families to the core of the faith and do it in such a way that children’s natural inquisitiveness is sparked, so passing along the faith is natural and pertinent. Brilliant!

I find myself thinking through some of the important Christian faith events and asking myself if my family and faith-community traditions do the same things.

I’m concerned that I have allowed the secular aspects of my society to infect my celebrations of Christmas and Easter more than I ever realized.

This stings some…

Lord, where I have fallen short, forgive me and correct me. Give me and give Your Church wisdom in passing along the faith to the next generations. I pray in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment