Monday, March 11: Exodus 10- A 3-day darkness.

 

The drama grows in intensity… reading a chapter at a time, leaves me hanging. I know the story and I want to get to the end. But reading slowly also give me time to ponder aspects I would ordinarily glance over.

God is in total control and God’s hardening of Pharaoh’s heart is one piece of God’s plan. And part of God’s end game is mentioned in verses 1-2: Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these miraculous signs of mine among them that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the LORD."

The Lord is orchestrating events of history so that the Hebrews once freed will tell and retell what God did, the miracles He performed and the grace He showed to His people.

God treats His people differently. The text doesn’t say if the locus invasion affected Goshen and the land of God’s people, but the plague of darkness did not affect Israel.

I thought about this. It was a three day darkness, so this wasn’t some simply explainable metrological event like an eclipse. It was three days of total darkness. But to set off this miracle, verse 23 says the darkness did not cover Goshen! God is distinguishing between His people and other people!

When the final trumpet is sounded and God executes His final accounting of all things, then too, God will distinguish between His people and others. And in that day God’s people will be all who follow Jesus as Lord!

Are you following Jesus as Lord?

Jesus, I pledge to follow You, wherever You lead, whenever You direct. In Your name, Jesus, I pray. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment