Monday, February 10: Judges 11- Knowing the word.

My thoughts this morning center on verses 14-23. Jephthah answers the Ammorite king, citing Israel’s history from the time of the wilderness wanderings before entering the Promised Land. What struck me was the accuracy of Jephthah’s reply. Jephthah knew God’s Word and the history of God’s people. Jephthah knew the story of his God and what the Lord had done to save Israel.

In a time when few people read and few copies of the Law existed, Jephthah knew the Word. During a time of wanton recklessness and unfaithfulness to the Lord, Jephthah knew the Word and knew the Lord.

I thought, even during the worst of times, God preserves a remnant.

I thought, even during the worst of times, some people remain faithful to the Lord…

I thought, am I a Jephthah? Do I know the Word and the Lord…

Lord, good times or hard times, I pray for strength to remain faithful to You. I pray for the industry to know Your Word, to make it part of my life. I pray to be a light bearer, someone living faithfully and so shining Your light to the world and people around me. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment