Tuesday, February 11: Judges 12- O the Love of God.

What a wild world!

As I read through the account of Judges this year I am seeing more and more what a crazy time it was. Brother Israelites fighting against each other because one didn’t call the other to go to war (one version). Or one clan didn’t show up when asked to go to war (the other version).

When the author later describes these times as a time when “everyone did what was right in his own eyes”, the author wasn’t kidding.

The rule of law seems to be completely disregarded!

And yet over and over again God shows up to save His people.  Such is the love God the Father lavished on them and lavishes on all His children.

I find myself marveling at God’s love… practical real love. Love that saves. Love that cares. Love that ultimately sent Jesus to live, teach and then die for a lost humanity so that the entire world –not just Israel- could know the love and redemption of God.

Three weeks from tomorrow the Church celebrates Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. On Ash Wednesday we usher in a time of preparation before Easter. During the last week of Lent we will remember Palm Sunday, the meal before Jesus’ Passion and Jesus’ Passion itself.

Jesus is God’s love personified.

I spent the rest of my time with the Lord being thankful and praising God for Jesus… Savior of the world and Savior of my life!

God you pursued me. You found me. You saved me. You redeemed me. You are in the process of cleaning (sanctifying me) and You will glorify me and bring me home to be with You for eternity. Thanks be to You!

Lord, God, as I sit enveloped in Your love, I offer to You my life, as imperfect as it is. May my life be a tool in Your hand. Use me in any way You choose to bring glory to Your name.

Through Jesus, my Lord, and in the power of the Holy Spirit, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment