Wednesday, February 26: Ruth 4- God's great design.

And so the story ends, Boaz marries Ruth and they have a son, Obed, who is the father of Jesse and the grandfather David, the great king of Israel.

Only now do we realize that there was much more going on than God simply coming to the aid of Naomi and Ruth. Yes, the Lord was helping and blessing Naomi and Ruth., But possibly, more importantly, God was orchestrating His salvation plan.

The Lord God will bring His Will and His Salvation to fruition. In fact God is working right now to complete His Will of taking His Name to the nations. As believers, we are somehow woven into God’s Will. We have a part in God’s Salvation and our faithfulness, day by day, is important.

As I sit here, I’m sensing that the Lord wants me to be more mindful of His workings to bring about His Will. Oh, I may not know specifically what the Lord is up to, but God is asking me to be open and be alert to His affairs and His Will. To listen, seek and pray for His glorious will to make disciples of people from every tribe and nation and tongue.

Lord, what do You want me to do to help bring Your Will about? Lord, what role do you desire me to play? I am Yours, Oh, Lord. Whatever You ask, I am Yours. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment