Friday, November 14: Ecclesiastes 6- Never satisfied.

Verse 7 was my stopping place today. Everyone’s toil is for their mouth, yet their appetite is never satisfied. The New King James version offers a different way to translate the second half of the verse. All the labor of man is for his mouth, And yet the soul is not satisfied.

Appetite or soul, however one translates the Hebrew, are never satisfied. These last 3 words are a stinging thought, and it certainly rings true. My appetites, my mouth, my soul is never totally satisfied. I seem to always yearn for more

I try to curb this pension for something new or more. I gain victory but the battle is never ending. I may win a victory today and tomorrow the same battle wages within me.

O, God, I pray for contentment. Real contentment. True contentment. A contentment that rests in You and enjoys what I already have...

Blessed be Your name, Lord God, Almighty. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment