Wednesday, November 26: Song of Solomon 41- Marriage is a gift from the Lord and I should treat it as such!.

If chapter 3 involves the wedding, then chapter 4 captures scenes from what we would call ‘the honeymoon’, those early days of marriage.

I have never been particularly expressive. I am a quiet, reserved person. The man in this chapter is anything but. His lips drip with loving words for his wife, his beloved. How loved his wife must feel…

Immediately, thoughts fill my mind, “Do I do things that announce to my wife how loved she is?” I may not be as expressive as the man in this chapter, but I also know ways that connect with my wife and cause her to feel loved and appreciated.

Do I do these things freely and regularly?  Do I take her for granted?

Marriage is a gift from the Lord and I should treat it as such!

Lord, thank You for the wife of my youth, the only wife I have known. Thank You for the years we have lived together, the good and the difficult, the joys and the sorrows.

Lord, give me creativity to express in words, deeds and actions my love for my wife. I thank You for my wife and my sister. It has been such a joy to walk the trail of faith with a partner who has caused me to deepen my love for You again and again.

Lord, even as I thank You now, help me to thank and love her in ways that speak to her deeply. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

1 As previously I realize that not all of my readers are married. The content of this book of the Bible, which is all about love and passion in marriage, may be tough for the non-married.  My prayer is that you will hear something from the Lord in this passage that speaks to your heart as this one did to mine.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment