Saturday, November 29: Song of Solomon 7-.

The song continues… the man ‘singing’ the praises of his beloved’s beauty. She ‘sings’ back to him. The delight, love and desire each has for the other is infectious.

It may be a surprise to read this suggestive talk in the Bible, but isn’t God the designer of love and intimacy? Yes, He is. He created us to love in all facets of love, from agape to eros. And as long as love and desire is within God’s order of ‘one man-one woman’ for a life, it is beautiful and wonderful gift of God to humankind.

I am so thankful for the gift of my wife. For 3+decades she has been my beloved and my life is blessed because I have lived with her and grown and been changed because of her.

God’s gifts are many and varied… spiritual gifts; life & health gifts; education & vocational gifts; and relational gifts. And for each one I am thankful and blessed. The Lord is so good and living in His world is a gift. Today I am very thankful for the relational gifts God has given me, particularly the wife of my youth.

Lord, God, thank You for all your blessings. You are the great and almighty God and I am so blessed to be part of Your family. Thank You and bless you, Lord. In Jesus’ name, I pray Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment