Friday, November 28: Song of Solomon 6- The gift of relationships.

Today is mostly the man speaking, expressing his love for his beloved. I confess that some of the things he says wouldn’t work well for me J! Like verse 6: Your teeth are like a flock of sheep coming up from the washing. Each has its twin, not one of them is missing.

Honestly reading it again has me laughing again… especially the not one of them is missing line!

I am not sure what to do with this devotionally. Then again I smile at our Lord, his understanding of people. Many couples and families have their own words, lines or phrases that are meaningful for them but not outsiders. I am not sure if verse 6 is an insider line or just a word picture from Solomon’s day.  Either way it got me thinking about insider lines and the way people close to each other express love, care and fun.

The gift of relationships that God gives us is such a gift. Why is it that we don’t treasure those relationships more than we do?

The ravages of sin run deep in us humans…

O, God, I am feeling myself drawn to confession and particularly confessing the MANY ways that I do NOT treat people around me, and particularly those close to me, the way I should. Lord, as I sit here with You today I am realizing that I am hurting myself as well as the other people when I don’t act with Your grace, love and relational connection.

Forgive me, Lord, and help me to get my priorities right with You.

O the ugliness of the ravages of sin in my life!  Help me gain victory, O, Lord! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment