Monday, December22: John 1- God in human flesh.

Even though I love John’s Gospel and look forward to reading it especially given that this is the Christmas season, I miss the Psalms. My last few weeks in the Psalms were rich and uplifting. I am sure John will be so as well.

I took a slow read through John 1, marveling in particular at the opening and John’s subtle but clear allusion to Genesis, In the beginning… (1).

I found myself marveling at the opening description of Jesus. When I read the Gospels, I watch the “fully human” part of Jesus, this morning I found myself immersed in the “fully divine” nature of Jesus.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind (1-4).

The Word, Jesus, was God. I allowed those words and that thought to wash over me. I soaked myself in that thought. Jesus is God… everything that ever has been created in the whole of the universe He created. I could feel my mind exploding… but this was a wonder-full explosion.

I follow and serve the God who created everything.

Our God chose to reveal Himself to me and to the world through Jesus and the written word of God. WOW!!!!

O God, Thank You for the Word and Word made Flesh. Thank You for revealing Yourself to me and to the world. Help me to be a bearer of Your name to the world. In Jesus’ name and for the glory of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I pray. Amen.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment