Wednesday, December 10: Psalm 8- The majesty and glory of God.

I love the opening of this Psalm.

LORD, our Lord,

how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory

in the heavens.

Even though the rest of the Psalm speaks about how humanity is placed above creation and below the angels and God’s glory, I found myself picturing and pondering the majesty and glory of the Lord our God.

How majestic is the Lord’s name, most wonderful in all the earth… the most wonderful in the world of everything I know. Nothing can compare with the Lord and the majesty of His name.

And if that is not enough, the Lord sets His glory in the heavens, above the earth for all to see! When I gaze into the heavens at the beauty of wispy clouds floating across the blue sky, when I see the sun move through its daily course and the stars glitter in the evening, when I see sunrise and sunset in its splendor, when storm clouds darken and rain from the heavens waters the earth… I see the hand of the Lord and the glory of His might. I see God’s creativity and inventiveness. I see the hand of my Redeemer and the wonder of the One I am invited to call, Abba, Father!

LORD, our Lord,

how majestic is your name in all the earth!

You have set your glory

in the heavens.

Praise be to You, my Lord and my God. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment