Saturday, December 20: Psalm 17-.

David is honest with God. When he has a concern he lays it before the Lord. As I listen to his conversations with the Lord, I grow more and more impressed with his delight in taking whatever situation he is in to the Lord.

Even as I read today’s Psalm, it was 2 lines that caught my attention and invited me to meditate. … through what your lips have commanded. My steps have held to your paths; my feet have not stumbled (4b-5).

David built his life on God’s Word, “what your lips have commanded.” David was intentional about God’s Word, taking it into his life (see Ps1) and as importantly making God’s commands the foundation and guide for his life.

As these thoughts blossomed in my mind, the question shouted within me, “Do I do that? Am I building my life on God’s Word?”

It is one thing to read, even to meditate on the Word, but do I go the next step and begin building how I live, what I do, how I speak and so on, on what God says?

Lord, I pray that it would be said of me, ‘He stayed close to the Lord; he lived what God said to the best of his ability.’ I live to Your honor and glory, Lord… in Jesus’ name. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment