Tuesday, December 30: John 8- NO belief in Jesus then you die in your sins .

John’s Gospel is like a rich 7-layer chocolate cake where every bite is filled with flavor. Each chapter is dense and rich providing any number of meditative and instructional stops.

My eyes and heart locked onto verses 23-34: But he continued, “You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins.

Jesus’ statement about death, belief and sin drew me in. As I read John’s Gospel this time, I am seeing so many instances where He makes it clear that belief in Jesus is the source of eternal life and/or freedom from sin.

I re-read the second part of 24 again: if you do not believe that I am he, you will indeed die in your sins. The positive truth about Jesus viewed from the negative side. NO belief in Jesus, then you die in your sins.

This is a powerful statement and a straightforward truth. Belief in Jesus gives freedom from sins at death. Non-belief leads to death in one’s sins…

Got it?!

Question of the day. Do you believe? Do I believe in Jesus, that He is God’s Son and Messiah? Do you?

Lord, I believe… show me how to live today so that my belief is attractive to others and helpful to others that Your Name might be glorified through my actions and living. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment