Wednesday, December 17: Psalm 14- God's answer for our problem.

The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

The LORD looks down from heaven on all mankind to see if there are any who understand, any who seek God.

All have turned away, all have become corrupt; there is no one who does good, not even one (1-3).

David paints a terrible picture of humankind, but it is fair. We have all turned away from God and seek self above all else. We are not all as bad as bad can be, but when I look in the mirror I see what David is saying. I do some good but I also do some bad. I am a bag of mixed motives… just like everyone else.

Fortunately, God send a solution… God sent Jesus, God in human flesh, to save me and all who believe from the corruption that besets us.

The terrible situation that David acknowledges is offset by the work of Jesus Christ. Thanks be to God!

As I closed today, I paused to thank the Lord for the gift of salvation and reconciliation through faith in Jesus…

Thank You, O God, for taking care of the sin problem by sending Jesus. I pray, Lord, that You help me spread the word about Jesus and His grace to people near and far. In Jesus’ name, I pray. Amen

 

No comments:

Post a Comment