Friday, May 15: Acts 23- Dedication.

I wondered what it was like to have a death threat against myself due to the Gospel. That is what Paul faced. It is pretty remote chance that I would face a death threat for being a Christian and this caused me to realize how easy I have it in my walk with Jesus. I have never suffered for the Gospel; no one is trying to kill me because I live for Jesus. My life is so different than so many of the NT heroes I read about.

As I pondered this, I thought this doesn’t make me less of a Christ-follower. My call and my world are simply different than Paul’s.

Where I went in my time with Jesus was to questions of dedication. Am I willing to show the dedication Paul showed… that I keep going with Jesus, no matter the obstacles?

My world is very different than his.  My obstacles to faithfulness are very different than his. However, I can demonstrate the same depth of dedication and faithfulness in my life that Paul showed in his. This I can do…

I thought about things I need to do to show my dedication.  I won’t list them here but I invite you to think about what you would need to do in your life to show the dedication to Jesus and the advance of the Gospel of Jesus that Paul showed with his.

Think about it…

Lord, to be wholly Yours in the 21st century… 21st century United States world. It is not easy. Forgive me for all the ways I let you down, for all the ways I give in to cultural pressures because it is easier than living more obviously for Jesus.

Help me, Jesus, to live with integrity… so that people see that I am following You and therefore live differently. Praise to You, Father, Son and Spirit. Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment