Saturday, May 23: Psalm 38- Honesty with God.

How different the Psalms are. Yesterday’s Psalm was exquisite and rich, upbeat and full of wonder for God. Today’s is mournful. Life has turned.  David’s soul is overwhelmed with guilt (3). He has missed the mark of faithfulness and he is sick about it.

Lord, I pray for this kind of honesty with You… to have a heart that weeps when it has let You down… a heart that feels a measure of Your pain when I fail You. Lord, I could not handle feeling all the pain You feel, but some, I believe I could handle that.

O, Lord, I long for intimacy with You like David displays, an intimacy with You that connects heart with heart…. Yours with mine and mine with Yours.

Lord, even as I pray this, I admit some fear. To know and be known like I am praying for, means that I will have to face things about myself that I likely have never faced.  Hiding from myself, allows me to hide from You (or at least believe I am hiding from You) some wretched place of my heart…

LORD, … do not be far from me, my God. Come quickly to help me, my Lord and my Savior (21b-22).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment